The Department of Commerce has a long and successful track record of helping international companies establish, relocate and expand business operations in the U.S. and North American markets.
The state has had a presence in Europe and Asia for decades, where we provide advisory and support services, including:
- Identification of suitable communities, sites and buildings
- Detailed information on industry sectors and operating costs
- Introduction to the state’s pro-business environment
- Access to technical and workforce training programs
- Government assistance, language interpretation and customary procedures
- Providing an on-the-ground point of contact
- Trade assistance
Today, more than 1,200 international firms have facilities located in South Carolina, and this number continues to grow.