Due to the rapidly changing technology, the Skills Advancement and Modernization Investment pilot program will address the need to support advancing skills for those currently employed with South Carolina companies. SC Commerce will provide funds for training programs to provide individuals with the skills, knowledge and experience to meet the needs of business and industry.
About the Pilot Program
- SC Commerce will provide two rounds of grant funding to assist 10 to 15 companies.
- A completed application must be submitted. Applications will be reviewed, scored and selected through a competitive process.
- The maximum grant amount is $50,000 per company and $3,000 per company employee. Employees must be an FTE on the company’s payroll.
- Funds may be used for full-time employee training such as up-skilling, cross training and career development.
- Small and mid-size enterprises (SMEs) of 100 or fewer employees will be prioritized in the targeted industries of biosciences, manufacturing and technology.
- Upon completion of the training, companies will participate in an evaluation process to measure the return on investment on the workforce and the company, as a whole.
Complete an Application Learn More About the Program
Submit Your Application
Please email your completed application to email@example.com, with the subject line "Skills Advancement and Modernization Investments Grant Application."
Contact Robert Davis at (803) 737-3864 with any questions.