Export Incentives Program
The South Carolina Department of Commerce (SCDOC) has developed an Export Incentives Program to assist small and medium sized businesses enter new markets and/or increase their exporting activities. Over the last five years, these two programs have generated approximately $15 million in export sales, helping South Carolina companies sell products to more than 40 different countries around the world.
The program reimburses eligible South Carolina companies for specific export-related expenses through the State Trade and Export Promotion (STEP) program or the South Carolina Opportunities for Promoting Exports (SCOPE) program.
- Employ fewer than 500 people worldwide(or meet the u.s. sba’s definition of a small business).
- In business for at least two years.
- Currently operating at a profit.
- Headquartered in S.C. or manufacturing in S.C. with at least 51 percent U.S. content and 25 percent S.C. content.
- Currently have an export/market-ready product.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the costs associated with exporting and doing business with foreign purchasers.
- In good standing with S.C. Department of Revenue or the Internal Revenue Service and able to certify eligibility for federal grants.
- Companies that receive funding must be willing
Eligible applicants may apply from October 1, 2016 through September 1, 2017. All approved export related activity must be completed and submitted before September 29, 2017. Companies may not apply for an event previously funded. Companies should not apply if receiving funding from other sources for the same event.
Companies must not exceed the employee number or annual sales figure thresholds as set by the U.S. Small Business Administration (as determined by an applicant’s North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) industry code, and including any affiliated companies, such as “parent” businesses and subsidiaries—of either).
For additional information, please contact the S.C. Department of Commerce, International Strategy and Trade Division: